Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ghost shots

DSC_0029

Okay so I have mentioned my ghost hunting trip before, it actually yeiled some rather.....eirie results. Here are just a few photos from there, and the rest will be added to this same post as I upload them.

Also I have no idea how to do night photography, as you will see. So I just do what I do when I don't know what to do to a photo. Add more grain, grain makes everything better!

DSC_0037

This is a fairly old cemetary, a landmark of the city. It has quite a few bodies underneath it aswell as a few tales of its own. Nothing overly ghastly, but still some interesting stories to its residents

DSC_0048

Only the richer people could afford to be burried here. However with the outbreak of diseases they had at the time there were many dead bodies who could not afford it. Actually more then those that were able to, they needed a place to put all these newly deceased corpses.

DSC_0044

DSC_0047

So they improvised, they buried them all right outside the cemetarys walls, in a nice little area where nothing grows anymore. You can still see the outline of it, nothing but solid dirt surounded by grass. A large area dedicated to the lesser fortuned dead. This was our first stop

DSC_0070

We managed to get a few "orb" shots abit further down. These are shots with unexplainable balls of light or orbs that apear in the picture with no real reason. Not a lense flair, or a reflection due to the suroundings but little errors or distortions of reality believed to be caused by wandering spirits or other ghostly beings.

DSC_0030

We have a few orb shots from the cemetary, some of which are quite perplexing. But lets move on shall we? This house is a residence to what I can only assume are some interesting people. However its its oldest resident we are intersested in.

DSC_0034

There was a older lady who used to live there, I don't quite know what happend to her, but her spirit was bound to this building. She has been constantly seen on the 2nd floor walking around or simply staring out the window. While we didn't catch a glimpse of her ourselfs we did get some interesting distortions in all of our pictures comeing from the 2nd story of the house.

DSC_0035

As you can see the light has moved quite abit further over, given the slight turn in the picture so have I. But nowhere near as much as the orb has, and now there is a second one near the window. Evidence of spirits at work, or just a odd mishap with my camera equipment? They show up in 4 different pictures at different places, you can decide for yourself.

DSC_0055

This tree has another tree growing out of it. It is said that who ever comes together under the tree and shares a kiss will have there futures forever intertwined. I shared a kiss with my girlfriend under it on my birthday and 3 months later we were married. Also, notice the kitchy shop next door. Why yes that is a shirt with a tree on it. Why thats just good marketing right there.

DSC_0104

Alot of my pictures didn't turn out, this one is no exception. But there is a interesting story to it. There was a little girl who used to come see the guards at this game all the time. One day something happened to her and she was lost, they were unable to locate her. Afew years later she started to show back up again, the same young age as she was before. However whenever a guard or bystander would call out to her she would simply dissapear. It is not uncommon even today for her to make a apperance. The local police department gets calls of a young girl in odd clothing who apears to be lost near this gateway a few times a year. All describing the same person, it is a widely accepted truth to the locals and shop owners here. Yet another ghost in a city full of them.

Untitled-1

Our next trip took us down a narrow side road with some very cool looking bricks

DSC_0160

We were informed not to read to much into them, they had nothing to do with what we were after that night. Still I couldn't help but be somewhat intrigued with them.

DSC_0127

There was a nice story about the area behind this door. Couldn't get back there though, side effect of that was me forgeting the story aswell. It wasn't that interesting when I couldn't see it.

DSC_0123

The old school house, its a very known location that alot of people seem to go buy during the day. Though at night it looks alot different to me. Take a look in the window up there. Not many ghostly tales from this building, however there is a lot of activity around it.

3 comments:

  1. why is it you can spell "corpses" right, but not "probably"? just sayin' :)

    your grain-idea is one i may try out myself - thanks for the pointer :) i really like that 3rd picture. i can't quite make out that first one, though. what is it? good to see some more shots from that trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't spell most words, though I used corpses in my book quite abit so I learned that one after spell check got on to me a few times. I also learned commas don't quite work the way I use them...oh well.

    The first one is a shot of a tower, I think its part of flagler college but I may be wrong. Actually im pretty sure I am, but I wanted it to look like white noise. Think a tv tuned to a channel you don't get back before cable. Its all static and fuzz but you can see a image from time to time. There are people who believe you can recieve messages from the dead in this manor. There have even been some scientific studies into this. Actually there has even been proven results from such tests. It seems for some reason some things are left behind.

    A recorded video of staic then reviewed will some times have a message from beyond. I figured it would be a catchy way to start off, I have a non distorted version of that shot aswell. I think its posted a few down in my first St. Augustine batch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never noticed the guy in the upstairs schoolhouse window.

    i like the other pictures as well. seems you added quite a few i hadn't seen. the story of the little girl was interesting. i wonder how many times the police department has heard that one :)

    ReplyDelete