Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sally, a gift of undying love

1

This was basically where I started my last project at, it took quite a few hours to complete but it was fun to be doing something like that again. My wifes birthday is coming up and I have been struggling to find her something other then what I have already and she expressed interest in something "Creative"

2

We went to a art show this weekend and it made both of us want to do something more artsy. I managed to find a extra canvas laying around and my wife bought some encaustic wax to play around with. I always loved The Nightmare Before Christmas and have painted it before so this was a easy choice to make

3

As I said this was for my wife, I actually got the original picture from a childrens story book. The 13 days of christmas, my wife saw it and said she loved the hearts in the skull made of smoke. So I figured I could take that picture from the book and make something nice out of it.

4

Its done in acrylic or however thats spelled and I used just the primary colors with black and white to tint. I did however add a special touch to it to make it better for my wife. She loves shiny things and I had some glitter pigmentless paint. It shows up in the last 2 pictures but it makes the border shine and sparkle and she loved it.

5

Her birthday is on the 10th, however painting something takes a lot of time and its hard to hide so she already knows about it and has seen it. She actually watched me paint a good deal of it over the day and was very supportive of the whole process.

6

Here it is finished, the wife is happy and we both had a fun vacation. This was just a nice fun way to cap it off before I have to go back to work tomorow. The white lines on it are chalk marks and will rub off once it has finished drying.

7

Thanks for looking, next update should be back to normal photos. This was a nice change of pace for me. When we get it hung up somewhere maybe I can get some better shots. The light was making the colors look odd and you can see the reflection in many shots. But I didn't want to move it until it was finished.

1 comment:

  1. great job, jason! it looks just like sally - i know bobbie will love it! great birthday present :)

    ReplyDelete